Sunday 21 February 2010

Main task - Tally and conclusions of my Questionnaire.

Question 1.

16-17 14 18-19 3 20-21 3

The results show that the majority of the people taking the questionnaire, are in the age range 16-17.

Question 2.

Male 4 Female 16

These results imply that most of the questionnaires are filled in by females.

Question 3.

Weekly 3 Every Fortnight 6 Monthly 10 Other(please state) 1- never

These results connote that most of the people who filled in the questionnaire, buy their music magazines monthly, therefore they are not as popular as magazines, with a genre of gossip etc.

Question 4.

Faith evans 1
Mariah Carey 2
R.Kelly 1
Beyonce 4
Chris Daughtry 1
Out cast 2
Boys to men 2
Christina Aguilera 2
Micheal Buble 2
Paramore 1
Mary J Blige 2

These results show a mixture of artists that are popular to my audience, however beyonce is the strongest.

Question 5.

£1.20 2 £2.00-£2.50 14 £3.00-£3.50 4 £4.00 0

This question shows that most of my audience would buy the magazine between £2.00 and £2.50. Therefore i will price my music magazine at £2.10.

Question 6.

Download Music 8 Cd's 3 Both 9

These results also state a mixture of choices, however most of my audience download and buy their music.

Question 7.

Band 11 Artist 9

This question has close answers, however the audience who filled in my questionnaire would prefer to see a Hip-hop soul band on the front cover.

Question 8.

Limited 9 Range 11

This result connotes that my target audience would prefer the colour scheme to be ranged.

Question 9. Optional choices

Images 4 Cover stories 7 Appearance 10 Charts 5 New music 6

These results imply that the majority of my target audience, buy a magazine based on appearence, then the cover stories, next the new music and then finally charts before the images. Which is different to most other magazines.

Question 10. Optional Choices

Italic 6 Bold 11 Big 12 Small 1 Other(please state)

This set of results show that my audience prefer the style of writing on a magazine to be big and bold.

Question 11.

Top of the pops 3
Q 5
NME 9
MoJo 1
Kerrang 2

These results, state that most of my target audience buy the music magazine 'NME', and that it is most popular to read.

Question 12. Optional Choice

Interviews 14 Reviews 6 Gig reviews 6 Upcoming music 2 New artists 7

Question 12 shows that my target audience, clearly prefer to read interviews.

Question 13.

Band 11 Artist 9

These results came close, but they show that my target audience would prefer interviews in the magazine from a Hip-hop soul band and not artist. However to keep the range of my audience please i would include interviews on the artists too. I would include the other options on everyother question, so that my whole audience will be pleased reading my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment