Friday 19 February 2010

Main task - My Music Magazine

Using the results of my research, i have decided to follow the codes and conventions to create the content, front cover etc. Therefore the price of my magazine will be £2.10, therefore it is not as expensive as the other magazines, making the competition a little easier. I feel this price is also suitable for the genre of my magazine as soul music is less heard of and the magazines are not as broad as the other music magazines like 'NME'.



The frequency of publication for my music magazine will be monthly for the majority of the beggining sales, therefore i would be able to sell more frequently if i learnt that the audience were purchasing my magazine every month.



The average issue size of my soul music magazine will be around a 60 page target, therefore there is plenty of space in the magazine for all of content, and articles, and regular competitions as well as horroscopes etc.



The regular content which will appear in my music magazine will be monthly competitions to go to music festivals, and concerts, crosswords (based on artists and bands), horroscopes - with a music celebrity matching each horroscope for extra effect- then interesting interviews with bands, and artists and finally artists of the month. These will appear in each issue of the monthly magazine.



Finally, the feature articles which will appear in my music magazine will be:


  • Spotlight on young artists!
  • Are fans giving enough support?
  • Which celebrities are on and off?

- R.Kelly

-Mary.J.Blige

  • Michael Buble's Top 10 favourite songs.
  • Beyonce's crazy in love fan!
  • Will the biggest soul artists come back big again?
  • How to meet Chris Daughtry.

Then besides the main feature articles will be other articles for the enjoyment of the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment